Highs and Lows
What did you like? What really pis**ed you off? What should the Banff lot try and do the same or do different? Did anything nice happen while you were here?
I bet the bad stuff list will grow much faster because it's more fun to gripe than to cheer, so please try and think of
- The obvious stuff, which is why we're here: meeting people, learning stuff.
- The Castle was very cool and haggis o'derves(sp?) were yum.
- 15 year old scotch
- Good bus service
- 3D navigation - how many people have followed a map only to discover they were at the wrong height in the old city? (under good stuff because I thought it was fun)
- The wiki
- Lovely conference centre
- Funky rotating room. Gotta love that. (if you missed it, part of the main hall could rotate 180 and become a smaller capacity side room. It was cool to watch!
- Nifty dynamic conference programme - being able to download my schedule in iCal format.
- The seats in the auditoriums on the 3rd floor -- really comfortable, easy to snooze
- Fantastic range of restaurants and lovely food within a small radius of the conference centre and some hotels
- Posters set up in the lunch area (except one day) created natural interactions
- Being in scattered hotels meant that there was no natural place to run into delegates in the evenings which reduced serendipity.
- Wireless could be better (although the conference centre did upgrade their service in anticipation, and it's still not quite enough!)
- People who think that a good introduction box on a poster is a 100 word sentence.
- Being unable to find speakers' slides on the conference web site --- for all the different kinds of speakers.
- No links between all the related pages --- in the Wiki and elsewhere --- about a given session.
- Lack of a sit-down dinner event.
- The castle dinner event was too crowded to be useful, and not worth the cost or effort for spouses and children (in spite of the sign-up indicitating otherwise).
- Hard to navigate the full programme. The short, leaflet version would have benefitted by indicating, on each event, the relevant page number in the full programme.
- Lunch (except for the desserts) & the fact that coffee was not available at all times.
- No conference T-shirt